- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13
- Minimum Cost: <$500
This 2-hour session introduces kids to the basics of kayaking in a hands-on, action-packed setting. Our instructors have experience teaching children and will make sure your kids have a blast!
All our classes emphasize safety on the water. We begin with an on-land introduction to equipment and basic paddle strokes. After that, we get on the water and use games to learn to maneuver a kayak and develop confidence on the water and in a boat.
Classes are kept small, with a maximum student/instructor ratio of 4:1; and are designed for children ages 8 to 12.