- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Communications
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
The Chicago Botanic Gardens Leaders in Training program is the perfect summer experience for teens with an interest in science and education. Participants help prepare for camps, assist teachers during the day, and learn life skills that will benefit them in the future.
The LIT program is a two-week commitment, meeting Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. throughout the summer. Each LIT will be scheduled in weeklong timeframes. Two consecutive weeks are preferred, but not required. Applications will be available until the program fills. LIT interviews will be conducted from February through April, and participants will receive training before camp begins.