- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Architecture, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Architecture and Construction, Government and Public Administration
A summer adventure for 17-19 year-olds engaging with New York City through immersive experiences. For both native New Yorkers and those new to the city- Join us for exciting field-based expeditions, learning about yourself and the city with a community of peers, guided by expert practitioners and partners.
Whether we're exploring neighborhoods through food culture, kayaking the waterfront with climate experts and environmentalists, or biking the streets to examine the city's unique architecture and design- you'll make friends, master new skills, and know the city inside and out. ?
Each week we look at the city through a new theme and question:
- Form of the City - How do architecture and design shape our city? (bike and walking experiences)
- Sustainable City - How do we make our communities more resilient and equitable in the face of climate change? (canoe and kayaking in NYC waterways)
- Food Culture and Migration - How does food culture represent the City's diverse neighborhoods? (working with NYC chefs)
- City of Art and Culture - How does creativity define the City and the City inspire creativity? (graffiti, street art, public art, muraling)
Please visit our website for admissions, fees and housing information.