- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Credit Awarded: No
Community Music Center of Boston (CMCB) is an arts education nonprofit founded in 1910, with a mission to transform lives by providing equitable access to excellent music education and arts experiences. Over 4,000 students participate in our programs every week.
We are proud to act as the largest external provider of arts education to the Boston Public Schools, supporting rigorous, relevant, and culturally-inclusive musical instruction for one of the most diverse school districts in the nation.
Programs are broken up into community music school lessons, early childhood/elementary, music therapy, and summer programs. Instruments included are the violin, viola, trombone, cello, flute, saxophone, clarinet, and trumpet. Summer programs are music theory, and music therapy.