- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Counselors in Training, Internships, Leadership, Mentoring, Work Experience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Camp Friendship's Counselor in Training program is designed for young leaders to prepare for positions as camp counselors. Find out more!
Throughout this program, CITs will develop their leadership skills, program skills, and improve their sensitivity to children. This 4-week program is a hands-on training experience that allows CITs to gain insight into the role of a camp counselor. They will be guided by experienced CIT program coordinators and be expected to help out with camper care and daily activities. In order to apply for the program, students must be at least 15 years old and have a genuine interest in recreational youth development. Upon completion of the program, CITs will be equipped with the skills necessary to become a counselor during the next summer.