- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Sailing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Want to take it to the next level? Courageous Sailing:Step 3-Intermediate Sailing is a 3-week long course is geared toward students who are prepared to set sail without an instructor in the boat and are ready to move beyond the basics to take on a new set of challenges. Find out more!
Each session of Step 3 lasts three weeks, and students typically repeat this Step for a number of summers. During this time, they master fundamental sailing skills as they begin to sail more independently on Boston Harbor, increasingly without a sailing instructor aboard. This is also the Step in which dinghy sailing is introduced, with the addition of Lasers. By this level, students must be proficient swimmers, as they are being introduced for the first time to boats that can capsize.