- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Canoeing, Rock Climbing, Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Summer camp for young people K-11th grade.
Nestled in the mountains of North Carolina, Eagle’s Nest Camp encourages the development of the whole child in a compassionate, encouraging community. We fill our days with activities that promote curiosity, creativity, independence and growth. As a Western NC summer camp, Eagle’s Nest provides school age children the opportunity to slow down and experience friendship and joyful living while immersing themselves in nature. In our inclusive community campers are treated with respect and kindness. They are valued for the unique people they are. At Eagle’s Nest, children find belonging, build skills, and are encouraged to grow into their best selves.
Children can explore woods, creeks, and ponds on a 185 acre conservation easement surrounded by mountains.The only screens in front of children are the ones that let the mountain breezes blow through their cabin.Campers are served healthy meals family style and get excited about eating vegetables harvested from the garden.Children are taught teamwork, empathy, inclusion and compassion.Campers learn to be helpful members of a community by helping to set tables and wash dishes.Scholarships and support are available for campers with financial need.