- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Economics, Entrepreneurship, Leadership
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Economics for Leaders (EFL) is a selective summer program that teaches student leaders how to integrate economics into the process of decision-making in an interactive learning environment.
The goal of EFL is to give promising students the skills to be more effective leaders and to teach them how to employ economic analysis when considering difficult public policy choices. This course focuses on the introduction and application of economic concepts and economic reasoning skills and introduces students to leadership theory. Given the difficult public policy choices facing governments and their citizens around the globe because COVID-19, teaching these skills and knowledge to the next generation of leaders is one of the most important actions we can take now to ensure our future prosperity.