- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Business/Entrepreneurship
- Sub-Categories: Economics, Entrepreneurship
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Call: (530) 757-4635
Economics for Leaders (EFL) is more than an economics program: participants turn off their devices and learn the soft skills to succeed in the 21st century.
EFL is a selective academic summer enrichment program for talented and motivated high school students who want to accelerate their academic pursuits, develop their leadership skills, and connect with peers and professors who share their interests. Over 12,000 students have participated in this specialized program since its inception in 1991. EFL is part of the Foundation for Teaching Economics, a well-established non-profit organization committed to teaching students the leadership skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy.
With distinguished professors and leadership instructors, EFL provides high school students the unique opportunity to engage in college life and intensive studies at Yale University. Through hands-on learning, programming focuses on how to integrate economics and leadership in decision-making, and paves the way for future success in the college admissions process and beyond.
Independent college advisor and President of My College Resource, Debra Landesberg commented,
“I continue to support Economics for Leaders for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, every student I send, regardless of personality, interests, or degree of high academic level, returns enlightened and enthusiastic about college. The lessons learned about themselves oftentimes translate into college essays. They gain confidence about their ability to transition to college along with a greater understanding of their leadership style and role in group dynamics.”
EFL graduates gain valuable opportunities to:
- elevate their resume with distinctive experiences
- practice leadership skills
- receive advanced economics coursework
- network for internships in Washington, D.C.
- navigate dorm life
- connect with future college friends
- experience new situations that are invaluable for college application essay writing
- enjoy a life-changing week at Yale University
- earn college credit
Scholarships are available.