- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Engineering
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
The LSU College of Engineering is proud to offer the XCITE residential engineering summer camp to qualified female high school students. This program gives high school students the chance to explore, create, experiment, build, code, design, and compete in a variety of engineering and college preparatory activities.
The LSU College of Engineering is proud to offer two residential engineering summer camps to qualified high school students. These programs give high school students the chance to explore, create, experiment, build, code, design, and compete in a variety of engineering and college preparatory activities. The camps are held every summer on LSU’s Baton Rouge campus where college faculty and college students interact with attendees through a number of hands-on workshops and activities. The signature event at both camps is the week-long “Design Project Competition” in which students compete on teams to design, build, and present a project.
Required Application Materials:
- Completed online application form
- A 500-word essay in response to the following prompt:
- Please explain why you wish to attend the LSU XCITE Residential Engineering Summer Camp. What makes you an ideal XCITE camper? What do you hope to gain from the experience?
- Up-to-date unofficial high school transcript or 8th-grade report card
Optional Application Materials:
You can send in your resume as well. For Scholarship Consideration (limited number available), please submit one of the following documents: Financial Need Statement, Free/Reduced Lunch Voucher, Free ACT Testing Approval Form or other documents that provide evidence of financial need.