- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Dominican Republic
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
The Global Pre-Meds Program provides opportunities for 16-18 year olds to experience 40 hours shadowing a doctor with mentoring tailored specifically to this age group. It is a residential program in the Dominican Republic with 24-hour supervision, combining the fun and adventure of a summer camp with serious hospital work experience.
Gaining some hospital work experience as a high school student is an excellent way to help make an informed decision about whether a career in one of the clinical professions is for you.
It’s also never too early to begin building a portfolio to support your medical school application further down the line.