- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Public School
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Reading
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
GRASP is a nine-week mail-in or online summer Math and Reading program for children in grades K-8. Reduce summer math & reading learning loss! Keep your child in the game & ready for the fall!
- Interested in reducing summer learning loss?
- Need an alternative to summer schoool?
- Want your children to retain the skills they learned in school?
- Does your child play sports & need to review skills over the summer?
- Need a low cost, inexpensive option?
- Does your elementary or middle school student need educational reinforcement at their own pace over the summer?
- Do you want workbook content created by educators and curriculum staff?
You've found the solution! GRASP is a wonderful Math and Reading tool used during the summer so students are ready to go in the fall! Students love the program! They have fun working through the lessons and look forward to receiving their grades and comments back. They can do their work at home, camping, at a cottage or on a boat!
Children finishing grades K-8 receive a GRASP packet of materials with lessons for the nine weeks of summer. They usually work on the grade level they just finished, but parents can decide the appropriate grade level for their child. Is your student advanced in math and/or reading? Just select the grade level that will challenge them. Is your student receiving special education support, are their skills behind their grade level, or do they need more time to learn concepts than their peers? Select the grade level that is right for them.
Students mail in a lesson each week or work at their own pace. The lessons are scored and sent back to the child with a note of encouragement.
An online version of GRASP is also available for grades 4-8. When participating online, lessons are scored immediately. There are no books sent. Everything is done on the computer.
Children are rewarded with a certificate when they successfully complete 7 of 9 lessons by the due date! They are rewarded with a medal when they complete 9 of 9 successfully by the due date! Parents are rewarded with the comfort of knowing that their children continued their studies during the summer, making an easier transition to their next grade level!
Join the GRASP team and work from home! so they have the advantage of having extra time over the reinforcing skills or