- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Guatemala
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, International Relief, Youth Outreach
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
This trip is intended for families. Participants volunteer in the mountainous villages of Vuelta Grande and El Hato to support the school sites and experience daily life in rural Guatemala. Free time and evenings will be spent in the colonial tourist town of Antigua. Volunteer work includes classroom and library construction at the local school in El Hato, tutoring and helping in the classroom, and reforestation work on several plantations near Vuelta Grande. Find out more!
Activities include salsa dance, cultural experiences, nature and sightseeing outings, and volunteer projects to benefit the local community.