- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Hidden Hollow Farm in Pembroke MA, on Boston’s South Shore, offers children from beginners to advanced a safe and friendly place to learn and further develop their riding skills. All on our beautifu18-acre family farm.
The proper and safe way to lead, groom, saddle, and mount a horse or pony is taught. As well as how to stop and steer a horse while riding. In addition horse anatomy, about related tack, horse care and feeding will be discussed. And lots of games—on the ground with horses, as well as in the saddle—are played.
Half-day Week Program is perfect for the younger child who wants to be around animals and learn in a safe environment.
Full-day Week Program is dedicated to furthering skills, bareback riding, trail riding, and lots of horse fun. Advanced riders can work on jumping, cross country or dressage skills.Horsemanship builds self-esteem, confidence, friendship and trust.