- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Girls Only
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Have you always wanted to own your own horse? Try adopting one for a week or two instead. Girls ages 10-18 are invited to attend a special riding camp teaching classical horsemanship in dressage, riding over fences, and/or western pleasure. Riders at all levels of experience are welcome.
You may bring your own horse, for no additional charge, or you will adopt a horse for your stay and will be responsible for his care, for cooling him off with a hose bath, for giving him a vacation on a trail ride, and for schooling him in the ring.
The camp schedule includes a short ride after check-in the first evening, twice daily riding lessons Monday through Thursday and a final lesson on Friday morning. Lessons may also be supplemented by trail rides, and/or dismounted lessons. Unlike the traditional rustic camp, you will be living in college dorms, feasting in the college dining hall, and swimming in the school's indoor pool. A van will bring you up to the equestrian center in the morning and will return you to campus for activities such as swimming, ropes course initiatives & games, scavenger hunts, crafts and more.
Camp staff include CHA certified instructor and counselors who are committed Christians and who will strive to make your stay a great one.
Prospective students and incoming freshman that want to get a head start on their riding education are welcome to join us for camp as well.