- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Game Design
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Call: (888) 709-8324
This isn’t summer camp. It’s a one-of-a-kind deep dive into the world of video game design, development, and production—all on a prestigious university campus. In this intensive, pre-collegiate program for teens ages 13-18, you’ll team up with peers to conceptualize and create your dream game.
Whether you take on the role of a 3D modeler, gameplay programmer, or level designer, you’ll build an impressive project for your portfolio, gain valuable game industry insights, and leave with a network of talented friends and mentors. Held at 10+ prestigious universities.
Why iD Game Dev Academy?
- Interface with guest speakers and/or tour major studios like EA, Ubisoft, and Crystal Dynamics
- Gain industry insights from elite faculty
- Build an impressive, college-ready portfolio with iFolio
- Prep for college applications with group advising sessions
- Level Design / VR
- Learn level design with Unreal Engine 4, develop VR game environments, and strategically place assets in your game
Build skills in C++ and Unreal Blueprints, implement game mechanics, and learn source control techniques.
Create detailed game assets in Autodesk Maya, unwrap and texture models, and build levels.
Industry pros and top university recruits Our Academy faculty has an increased level of expertise and professionalism. With our selective hiring practices, honed for over 20 years, we yield the most elite, passionate experts from tech companies and universities like Caltech and NYU.
All adults, no CITs, and thorough background checks
We adhere to a policy of no “Counselors in Training.” Instead, you’ll find fun-loving, well-paid, all-adult instructors. We take safety seriously. All staff members undergo extensive background and reference checks and are CPR & First-Aid Certified.
Trained in person
Once hired, each staff member attends Regional Staff Training. Via hands-on workshops, collaborative activities, and in-depth educational sessions, they hone their teaching methods and get immersed in our core values.