- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Argentina, Russian Federation, United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Horseback Riding
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
THE INTERNATIONAL RIDING CAMP is for girls, aged 7 to 17, who love horses and riding. Located 90 miles Northwest of New York City, the riding camp provides an environment in which horse lovers can experience various riding disciplines: hunt seat equitation, cross-country jumping and polo.
We offer a well rounded equestrian camp program along with water skiing, tennis, swimming and arts and crafts. Our riding camp offers three hours of riding lessons a day, six days a week. For some campers, three hours a day is not enough riding so we offer options of adding additional riding time so they can ride 4 1/2 to 6 hours a day.
Our teaching techniques enable our students to experience success in graduated steps, promoting their self esteem and confidence. Since all of our campers love horses, their common interest allows them to make new friends right away. There is a maximum of 45 campers in any session. About half of the campers come from the New York metropolitan area; the rest come from across the United States, Europe and South America. Our campers make lasting friendships that continue many years after they leave our riding camp.