- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Leadership, Environmental Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Nature needs the next generation of environmental leaders to be ready. The goal of Wildwood's Environmental Leadership Program is to equip and encourage teens to be effective environmental advocates and conservation leaders in their homes and communities. This program is perfect for: emerging youth environmental leaders, teen environmental and climate change activists, and youth who are concerned about the global climate crisis and want to do something about it.
Wildwood staff challenge teens to develop their individual leadership and community-building skills. Each teen will be given ample opportunities to practice leadership—through teaching, service, outdoor adventure, and more—among their peers and younger campers. Each group of participants will also focus on an environmental or conservation topic and how they apply their leadership skills to make a positive impact on the world.