- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Biking, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The Outdoor Adventure Camp is an exciting program where campers experience a variety of activities such as rock climbing, rappelling, outdoor survival skills training, fishing, map and compass orienteering, swimming, mountain-bike riding on campus trails, campsite cooking, outdoor laser tag arena, and field games. Campers learn valuable survival skills such as shelter building, fire starting, and safety, as well as team-building skills that teach leadership, planning, and communication.
All of these adventurous activities take place on McDonogh's beautiful, 800-acre campus,s which includes multiple streams, four ponds, fascinating wildlife, and gorgeous forest and field areas. This camp also has daily use of the Outdoor Adventure Complex which consists of a state-of-the-art rock climbing tower, a team-building development course, a high and low ropes course, a super swing, and a 300-foot zip line!