- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Musical Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Camp Media Theatre 2016 is an extraordinary and exciting opportunity for young actors to study with Professional Directors, Performers, and Technicians. This intensive, two-week day camp is a fun, enriching and rewarding experience.
Campers write, design, and perform an improvisational theatre production that is performed on the Media Theatre stage for family and friends the final Friday evening of each camp session at 5:30 pm (there is a ‘door cost’ to see this production of $4 per person, which supports Media Theatre Youth Programs).
Each camp session is designed for children 6-15 years of age, in separate age groups.Your child will have the most unique and exciting experience at Camp Media Theatre 2016,which begins June 16 with five two-week sessions from 9:30-3:30, each Monday through Friday.
There will be ‘themes’ with the focus being on learning and maintaining basic stage skills, singing, acting, and dance. Each day camp provides a unique opportunity for the campers in that they create their own ‘scene work’ in the acting class with the assistance of an instructor and director. Broadway songs and show music are added with choreography to create a Camp Show each two weeks which utilizes the personality of each camper.