- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Writing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
The National Writing Project in New Hampshire, part of the National Writing Project, is dedicated to improving the teaching of writing in our nation’s schools. We offer summer institutes for the best teachers of writing. Each summer we also offer unique day camp experiences specifically for young writers.
This summer we are also offering two one week residential programs for high school students. Students who attend will write in journals, write poetry, work with professional authors and illustrators, write on computers, conference with peers and teachers, revise and publish their writing. The camps afford an opportunity to enjoy being part of a community of writers. Summer Camps for Young Writers and the Summer Institute for Young Writers are planned and staffed by National Writing Project in New Hampshire teacher consultants.