- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: September
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Leadership
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Internships, Leadership
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Teen Environmental Education Mentorship (TEEM) is an environmental education leadership program for high school students grades 9-12 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
A $500 stipend is awarded to each participant. Half in December and half in May.
What You'll Do
- Teach children fun lessons and hands-on activities to help connect them with nature.
- Receive training in environmental science, leadership and teaching.
- Care for marine animals in our Marine Lab.
- Receive mentorship from an environmental science educator.
- Participate in overnight camping trips, hikes and learn about environmental careers.
- Get connected to free or scholarshipped adventures, jobs, scholarships and internships.
- No prior experience is necessary, only an interest in environmental education.
- Get paid to spend time outdoors, learning about the ecology of the Marin Headlands.
- Transportation provided from Marin City and Park Presidio and Geary in San Francisco
- And of course, a $500 stipend is awarded to each participant. Half in December and half in May.
- Participants who remain in high school are welcome to return as members of Senior TEEM, where they will take on additional leadership roles and receive an extra $100 per additional year.
- Meals are included during programming.