- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Architecture, Business, College Application, Finance, Journalism, Law, STEM, Writing, Design, Web Design, Internships, Leadership, Engineering, Mentoring, Work Experience, Coding, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: <$500
Students will spend between two and nine weeks getting real-world experience through mini-internships. They will be trained, work on industry developed projects, network with professionals, and tour companies in their desired career fields. Students will also enhance their resumes, prep for interviews, and meet with HR reps.
This program is designed to provide students with the ability to try out their dream professions so they can learn first-hand what the career is like and make a more informed decision about what they want to do with their lives. Students will spend up to 9 weeks in OmniLYF’s Houston offices (or virtually) getting real-world experience in four different career fields through what are called “mini-internships.” They will be trained, work on industry developed projects, network with professionals, and even tour companies in their desired career fields. Plus, the final week is dedicated to building resumes with newly acquired experiences and skills, prepping for industry specific interviews, developing and practicing financial literacy, and meeting with HR representatives and hiring managers.
The 16 profession options available include: Business Consulting, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Law, Architecture, Journalism, Graphic Design, Cinematography, Web Development, and Computer Aided Drafting. Students will apply at omnilyf.org/program-sign-up where they will be automatically considered for all available scholarships.