- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Australia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Surfing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Hop onto this 3 week summer abroad program and you’ll go canyoning in the Blue Mountains, canoeing through the Noosa Everglades, snorkeling in Byron Bay, hiking in the Byron Hinterland, and surfing in the dazzling NSW National Parks. At the heart of surfing is a connection-to-nature philosophy. You get to experience this in a hands-on way by undertaking volunteer conservation work alongside National Parks staff in a coastal National Park.
You’ll try whale-spotting at numerous headland walks along our journey. There’s also time to explore vibrant Sydney, Byron Bay and Brisbane on your way. Throughout your time on the east coast, you’ll learn an enormous amount about Australia's environmental and ecological history and how that unique history has shaped Australia’s flora, fauna and people. The warm climate, friendly people, unusual wildlife, and dramatic natural beauty make it a fantastic place to experience.
- Rewarding service-learning conservation project in National Parks on the New South Wales Central Coast
- Exploring Sydney - harbor, beaches, museumsCanoe journey in the Noosa Everglades
- Snorkeling with turtles and tropical fish in Byron Bay
- Canyoning daytrip - rappelling, scrambling and hiking in the Blue Mountains
- Surf camp at secluded coastal national parks
- Hiking to the top of Mt Warning for spectacular views of the region
- Soaking up the ambiance of Byron Bay, Brisbane and Noosa
- It's whale season in Australia, so the chances of spotting humpbacks are high!