- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Indonesia, Bali
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Surfing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
During the 4 weeks you will get to experience volunteering in an animal welfare center, dolphin spotting in the wild, and a surf camp that is 5 days! The surf camp will take you from wobbling your way to shore, to riding through barrels like a pro. In between the conservation projects, surfing and yoga your days will be spent taking in the cafe culture of Bali, white water rafting, a volcano sunrise trek, snorkeling and some free time to explore!
A Nusa Penida day trip will be one of the highlights of the Program. Nusa Penida is the largest of the three Nusa Islands that are off of the southeast coast of Bali. It draws in visitors with its breathtaking blue waters that are so many different shades you’ll lose count, its incredible underwater life from manta rays to loads of colourful fish and its out-of-this-world viewpoints. On Nusa Penida you’ll find secluded beaches and be able to gaze over the edge of cliffs, climb to waterfalls and explore the roads through the jungle. Palm trees and lush greenery line the roads and waves crash against the islands edges, leaving you in awe and with plenty of things to do in Nusa Penida.
- Sights, sounds and smells from the colorful local markets in Ubud
- Rewarding conservation service-learning projects working with an animal rescue centre
- Raft the rivers of Bali
- A yoga and meditation journey in Ubud
- Hands-on waterway restoration and cleaning project
- Surf Camp on the shores of Bali famous for its sandy beaches and big surf breaks.
- Investigating a permaculture and disaster management volunteer company
- Trekking to the top of Bali’s volcano for an epic sunrise
- A day trip to Nusa Penida.
- An iconic island and an island filled with history
- Rest days on idyllic white-sand beaches with the option to swim and snorkel
- Delicious local cuisine and the Bali cafe culture