- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Music, Arts
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
The Philadelphia International Music Festivalis a summer music program offering students of all ages and skill levels the unique opportunity of spending 14 days immersed in classical music education and performance with members of the world-renowned Philadelphia Orchestra.
Festival highlights include private lessons, daily orchestra rehearsals, daily music education courses, optional daily chamber music rehearsals, solo performance and competition opportunities, daily private practice time, faculty recitals and master classes featuring principal players and other members of The Philadelphia Orchestra, and much more. Our summer music camp program includes full symphonic repertoire (at appropriate junior and senior levels), and is conducted on the exquisite, estate-like grounds of Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. PIMF is sponsored in part by The Cunningham Piano Company.
The Philadelphia International Music Festival – attended annually by students from throughout the U.S. and around the globe – includes many program options for musicians ages 8 -18.
- Orchestra Program
- Symphonic Winds & Concert Band
- Solo Performance Preparation
- Piano Program
- Soloists Ensemble Program
- Children’s Program (For Instrumentalists 8 – 10 years of Age)