- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Mathematics, Engineering
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Developed in 1976, MEP Summer Engineering Workshops (SEW) were designed to invite rising 7th - 9th grade students (students having completed 6th-8th grade) to Purdue University for a full week of discovery, engagement, and learning about college and careers in engineering.
Additional programs are also available for high school aged students.
At our Summer Engineering Workshops, you will:
- Learn about the many different projects engineers work on
- Experience life as an engineering student on Purdue?s campus
- Create your plan to be successful in college and your future job
- Interact with current engineering college students
- Work with students from across the country who plan to make a positive impact in their community
- Design engineering solutions for our health, happiness, and safety
- Turn your ideas into reality through hands-on projects
- Prepare competitive college and scholarship applications
- Advance your math and science skills
- Discover unique opportunities offered by Purdue that will help you shape our future!
This program is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. But for more information about session dates, how to sign up, and other information about the program, check out our website!