- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Autism Spectrum
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Akeela campers are boys and girls completing grades 3 – 10 who are excited about a camp experience that supports their social growth. Many have been diagnosed with Asperger’s, NVLD or a similar neurodiverse profile. At Akeela, they truly belong and find lifelong friends.
A three-and-a-half week sleep-away camp in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont. Campers live in cabins with up to 8 peers and 4 counselors. Our traditional New England camp program includes arts, outdoor adventure & ropes course, athletics, pool & lakefront aquatics, and much more!