- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Painting & Drawing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
This bootcamp hones artists' visual problem-solving skills in preparation for drawing from life. It is designed to both help supplement our current students to target and build their skill level throughout the summer as well as prepare and introduce to prospective students who has a certain level of experience within drawing, a structured and a solid skill building curriculum.
Students can expect to learn the methodologies to attain the building block tools needed to become a fully well rounded visual artist in the technical sense.
This entails the concept of shape, value, and edge, as well as tools for measuring, such as sight size, triangulation, and comparative measurement.
Students will be introduced to working from the historical Barge Plates, creating the drawings of the French Academies in the 1800's and move on to master studies and finally working from life in both graphite and charcoal respectively.