- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
IT'S AMAZING! Sail and waterski on the Chesapeake Bay, ride a horse, fly down the zipline, scale a 50 ft climbing tower and that's just the beginning...
Sandy Hill Camp is a family-owned and operated, licensed and ACA-accredited, residential summer camp. Located on 216 scenic acres overlooking the Upper Chesapeake Bay near the town of North East, Maryland, Sandy Hill offers a variety of action-packed one and two-week sessions for boys and girls who have completed 2nd through 10th grades.
The programs are designed to help each camper learn and grow through fun, educational, and character-building experiences. Campers are supervised by a caring and qualified staff who lead by example to create a safe and nurturing environment.
A day at Sandy Hill is definitely action-packed, with fun, friends, and new experiences at every turn. The morning and afternoon are divided into five activity periods. While the order of activities varies by age group and session length, the content of a day is the same for all campers:
- three instructional classes (choose from over 40 different activities!)
- one elective, and (four new electives for each camper each week!)
- one period of free time (kind of like recess.. only bigger and better toys!)
But that's not all! After dinner comes the exciting evening program, which varies from night to night and week to week. Two-week campers have special activities on their weekend that include off-site trips to bowling and skating, special Saturday camp electives and a trip to an amusement park!