- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Ever since 1995, Sea Trek has held a kayak camp for kids in the Bay Area as a way of introducing them to the sport, and to the bay in which it takes place. Since then, we’ve expanded to two camps, one of them a day camp, the other an overnight camp.
In both, our mature, experienced staff teach kids how to kayak and use a stand up paddleboard, and work to instill a sense of excitement for learning new skills and a respect for the environment. Each day well learn new skills paddling single and double kayaks and stand up paddleboards (SUPS). Well practice rescues, learn to read the tides, plan our menus, and explore new parts of the Bay, encountering those creatures that make this place their home.