- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Bahamas
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
What it’s like to be a marine biologist? Join us for Teen Science Expedition: The Bahamas to find out! You’ll get firsthand experience exploring the coral reefs of the Bahamas, using scientific techniques to learn about the animals and their habitats. We are offering two sessions of one week for students in grades 9-12.
Working from Shedd’s research vessel, you’ll experience life as a marine science researcher, immersing yourself in discoveries by conducting?research and learning about important Bahamian ecological challenges.
- U.S. passport valid through 2019- Signed doctor’s note approving the trip’s activities- Strong swimming skills.