- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
SOCAPA's Summer Dance Program offers intensives in Contemporary Jazz or Hip-Hop taught through the development of choreography which is captured for a dance video. Classes are geared towards learning cutting-edge choreography at an accelerated pace.
Technique is taught primarily through the development of the choreography to be performed for the dance video. Students in the one and two-week sessions master one dance piece for their video shoot and perform for a live audience at the end of the program. Three-week students have the opportunity to do a second video with a smaller group, ensuring more camera time for each dancer and featuring their names in the credits (great for auditions and reels). Students who are interested in the artistic process have the opportunity to become involved in choreography and costuming. Students have the opportunity to attend specialty classes as well. Past specialty classes have included breakdancing, Bollywood, West African, contact improv, and more!