- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Stetson University's Double Reed Workshop is a wonderful opportunity for young musicians who are interested in improving their technique and learning more about their instrument. Find out more!
During this six-day intensive, students will learn the fundamentals of double reed performance as well as how to make a reed. They can expect to play chamber music in ensembles and participate in master classes. Students are even automatically eligible to audition for the Young Artists Recital! Open to oboists and bassoonists in grades 7-12, this program is absolutely perfect for those wanting to be challenged and take their hobby to the next level. At the end of the program, musicians will walk away with new and improved techniques, new friends, and plenty of performance experience.