Explore STEM courses through our advanced STEAM+ curriculum for gifted and talented youth. At Summer Institute for the Gifted, we’ve spent 30+ years crafting a superior curriculum that targets the next generation of STEM groundbreakers, innovators, and entrepreneurs. From robotics and engineering to coding and chemistry – our small class sizes, engaging instructors, and real-world-focused curriculum challenges young minds...(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College, Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Business, College Application, Economics, Journalism, Law, Literature, Politics and Diplomacy, Communications, Religious Studies, Social Justice, STEM, Writing, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Mathematics, History, Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Homelessness and Hunger, Youth Outreach, Coding, Arts, Career Exploration, Literacy, Environmental Science, Neuroscience, Anthropology, Art History, LGBTQ, Humanities, Study Skills
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Ready for a first-rate summer experience at America’s first university? Penn offers an authentic Ivy League experience in the heart of Philadelphia for academically gifted high school students. Penn flourishes in and is enriched by a vibrant urban ecosystem steeped in history and brimming with arts, culture, and innovation. Explore America’s history in Philly’s urban setting and feel the pulse of arts, culture, and innovation.
Commonly known as Penn, The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League school located in historic Philadelphia. Apply today and spend your summer surrounded by history such as the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and American Revolutionary sites.
Penn delivers the challenge of an Ivy League curriculum to academically talented high school students seeking a pre-collegiate experience. Explore Penn's historic campus, engage with leading faculty, and build intellectual connections within accelerated two-, three-, or six-week Penn Summer High School Programs. Join us on campus in Philly this summer!
Cost and Session Information
Our UPenn Summer High School Program ranges in cost from $5,700 to $21,115. Please see the options below for these programs:
Penn Pre-College Program:
- 6 Weeks (June 28, 2022 - August 6, 2022)
- Residential and Online Options Available
- Open to current 10th and 11th grade students
- Credit offered
Penn Summer Academies:
- 3 Weeks (July 10, 2022 - July 30, 2022)
- Residential Options Available (American Sign Language and Deaf Culture Academy is only online offering)
- Open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders
- Non-credit option
Penn Summer Prep:
- 2 Weeks: Session A (July 4, 2022 - July 16, 2022) or Session B (July 18, 2022 - July 30, 2022)
- Residential Option
- Currently open to current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders
- Non-credit option
For specific information on courses offered, tuition, and other academic offerings, please visit our website.
Residential tuition includes: Term fees, academic programs, laundry, use of facilities, housing, 2 meals daily while on campus (2 on Sunday, none on Saturday), recreation pass (for students ages 15 and above), activities and trips.
Not included: Application fee, airfare, airport transfers (available for $85 each way), class materials, course supplements, meals eaten off campus, medical expenses, linens, blanket and pillow, souvenirs, and personal spending money.
Commuter tuition includes: Commuter students join the program Monday-Friday for classes only. They do not attend evening or weekend activities and excursions and no overnight stays are permitted.