- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Special Needs
- Sub-Categories: Autism Spectrum, Other Developmental Disability
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Summer L.I.F.E. — Experiential Learning and Social Skills Development in the Context of Summer FunDesigned especially to support students, ages 8-21, with high functioning autism and Asperger’s Syndrome also support students who have social anxiety or difficulty connecting with their peers.
Located on Camp Kweebec’s 200+ acres in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, Summer L.I.F.E. offers low camper-to-staff ratio, experienced camp staff, ongoing behavior support, structured daily programming, engaging, multisensory activities and “real world” learning.
Summer L.I.F.E. is based on The Three “E”s:
- Experiencing hands on activities engages campers at a personal level by recognizing and addressing their unique needs, wants and interests. Experiential learning allows campers to retain skills for longer periods of time.
- Empowering campers to be more independent in safe, supportive environments allows them to self-advocate and practice critical life skills.
- Encouraging healthy relationships allows campers to practice social skills within the context of small group, age-appropriate recreational activities.
Summer L.I.F.E. Programs Include:
The weeklong specialty camps — in areas like creative arts, nature and technology — draw on campers’ passions and affinities, allowing them to practice behavioral and social skills in a strengths-based context. Programs are taught by professionals with expertise in the field and are supported by staff experienced in working with the ASD population.
Traditional Day and Overnight Camps
Our day and overnight camps offer traditional camp activities such as fishing, canoeing, zip lining, crafts and nature study during week-long sessions on a 90-acre wooded camp property in Schwenksville, PA.
Travel excursions offer students the opportunity to gain independence, build relationships with each other and take risks in a supportive environment. These weekend and week-long travel trips also offer respite to caregivers.