- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Six Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Mathematics
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
The Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp (HSMC) is an intensive multi-summer program for high school students. The goal of the program is to develop talented students of all socioeconomic backgrounds through immersive and in-depth experiences in an unique learning environment.
Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp students develop important skills for future degrees and careers in math, science, engineering, and many other fields.
The HSMC courses nurture:
- Rigorous reasoning and logic skills (through experiences in mathematical proof-writing)
- Creative problem identification and solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Mindsets to tackle open-ended problems
- Great communication and presentation skills
Students are taught by university faculty, mentored by undergraduate counselors, and share the joy of exploring mathematics with their peers.