- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Language
- Sub-Categories: English as Second Language (ESL)
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
The American Cultural and Language Institute (ACLI) has been a popular Hun Summer program for three decades. Students join our program from around the world, and immerse themselves in the culture of the United States for three weeks during the summer.
Students can expect to travel to New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. as well as nearby downtown Princeton. Early registration is recommended because this program fills quickly. Earl-bird discounts are available.
The ideal candidates for the ACLI include:
- Beginner, novice, and fluent English speakers. Our program is designed to cater to each level of English competency and sets the foundation for continued growth.
- International students interested in making the transition from schools in their home country to college preparatory schools in America.
- International students interested in interim study in America before returning to academic pursuits in their home country.
- American students who wish to continue their ESL studies after the school year has ended.
Alongside American students, ESL students combine language immersion with an experience in American culture. ACLI students study English in the classroom for five hours Monday through Friday. Program instructors, who are ESL specialists, incorporate skill-building exercises into their daily lesson plans. Students will expand their vocabulary, raise their level of reading comprehension, and improve their written compositions. Reading and writing assignments introduce students to American literature and themes in United States history. All students keep a journal of their experiences and progress within the program.