- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Multiple Locations
- Program Delivery: Online
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science, Game Design, Engineering
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges
The Coding School offers online coding camps, 1:1 and Code-with-Friends lessons from engineers at NASA, MIT, Netflix -from the comfort of your home! Increase college competitiveness by learning AI, Cybersecurity and more in a supportive environment.
Special Course with IBM. Be one of the first middle or high school students in the world to learn Quantum Computing this summer! This summer course is virtual and taught live by MIT and Oxford researchers. This course is eligible for course credit from your high school.
________________________Our Year-Round Lessons____________________________
The Coding School's codeConnects - Online and Instructor-Led since 2017!
With engineers at Google, Microsoft and MIT, we've created the most supportive, personalized, and in-depth coding education possible...all from the comfort of your own home. Since 2017, The Coding School has been pioneering online coding education to students around the world (40 countries and counting!).
Our one-of-a-kind, online coding programs include:
- Summer Tech camps in specialized tech areas like:
- Creative Tech & Design, Quantum Computing, Music+Tech, andTech Taster
- One-on-one & Code-with-Friends Lessons taught by engineers at companies including Amazon, Disney, Netflix and NASA, and computer scientists at top universities including Stanford, Harvard and Yale
Our programs are open to students grades 4-12 and incoming university students. No prior coding experience is needed. Space is limited.
ONLINE CODING+TECH SUMMER CAMPS
Tech Taster: Perfect for students new to coding, this two-week camp teaches students the fundamental coding concepts in Python and introduces students to specialized areas of tech, like AI, Cyber Security, Data Science, and Web Development, through hands-on activities and projects! Some of your instructors include engineers at Disney, Microsoft, Facebook, and JP Morgan.
Cyber Security: Students will learn about key areas of cyber security, including hashing, network security, and cyber attacks and defenses - all while building out real-world cyber programming skills.
Artificial Intelligence: In this camp, students delve into the exciting field of machine learning (ML), a subfield of AI. Through hands-on learning, they work on projects, such as image classification (where they’ll train an ML algorithm to identify different types of animals), all while developing programming skills in Python.
Pre-AP and College Prep CS: Learning how to code can be hard, but with the right support, it doesn’t have to be! This two-week course introduces students to the most important programming concepts that are found in AP Computer Science and introductory college-level courses so students get a headstart on their courses in a supportive, failure-free environment.
Quantum ComputingTaught by MIT researchers, be one of the first middle or high school students in the world to learn about quantum computing! Through a mix of lectures, activities, and projects, students learn about quantum mechanics, information, and algorithms. By the end of the camp, students learn how to code a quantum computer and run quantum simulations — such as teleporting quantum information.
1:1 and Code-With-Friends Coding Lessons
Paired with a personal instructor, learn to code at your own pace and delve into specialized tech fields that interest you, such as 3D Game Development, AI, Cyber Security, and Web Development! Our instructors are engineers at top companies and universities, such as Harvard, Princeton, Tesla, NASA, and more.
Courses: We're the only program that provides in-depth and advanced coding curriculums in specialized tech fields so students can combine their passions with tech, including:
- Fundamentals of Computer Science in Python or Java
- Pre-AP Computer Science
- Deep Learning
- 3D Game Development
- Cyber Security
- Web Development (full-stack)
- Data Science for Healthcare
- Computational Genomics
- Mobile App (Android)