- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Other, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Social Justice, Homelessness and Hunger, Preserving the Environment
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Credit Awarded: No
The Field Academy is an organization that partners with students, teachers, schools, and communities across the United States to create immersive, community-driven, place-based educational experiences for young people.
We believe that a classroom can be anywhere: the middle of a field, the top of a mountain, the living room of someone's home, or the intersection of two city streets.
During the summer, the Field Academy runs a multi-week travel program for students ages 15-18. Each year this trip takes place in a different area of the United States and students have the opportunity to study a critical issue in that region.
Programs may include the areas of:
- New England
- The Southwest