- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
Bushcraft is a two-week program designed to help kids learn outdoor skill and experience nature in a whole new way.
Open to campers ages 14-17, this camp is a fantastic opportunity for nature enthusiasts to live and learn away from the bustle of life in civilization. Each day will begin with waking up to the sounds of nature and cooking over an open fire. Then students will attempt to build a fire, create shelter, and apply other survival skills. They can also expect to learn about trip planning, canoeing, navigating, animal tracking, foraging, and tool craft. By the end of the program, students will come out with refined outdoor skills, new friendships, and wonderful memories. They will also feel prepared for joining a higher-level program such as the Bryant Pond Junior Maine Guide!