- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Design, Fashion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
At the University of Georgia Fashion Design Camp you will learn what it takes to become a fashion designer! You'll discover the basic elements of fashion sketching, illustration, construction, collection development, bead work and fabric selection. Find out more!
We'll examine work by famous designers, from Coco Chanel to Marc Jacobs, and dive into the exciting world of fashion shows by learning the steps a designer goes through before, during and after Fashion Week. We'll even take a field trip to visit a working designer, where you'll see the whole process in action and get to try your hand at a small sewing project! Students will leave the program with a sketchbook full of designs and inspiration, their own set of design tools, and a final 2D or 3D project.
Prerequisites: The Fashion Design camp is designed to accommodate both absolute beginners and students with some drawing or fashion design experience.