- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Experience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: Free
During the summer, the University of Maryland offers two pre-college experiences - the Young Scholars Program for high school students and Discovery for middle school students.
The YOUNG SCHOLARS PROGRAM invites high school students with exceptional ability and promise to an outstanding pre-college experience at the University of Maryland. During three weeks in July, students earn three college credits and learn about university life.
The Young Scholars Program is open to:
- Rising high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors from across the United States and around the world.
During three unforgettable weeks, students will:
- Pursue academic interests and discover career opportunities
- Study with exceptional faculty in a stimulating environment
- Engage in creative problem solving with equally talented peers
- Earn three university credits
- Discover the independence of college life
DISCOVERY welcomes academically talented middle school students to an extraordinary learning opportunity at the University of Maryland. During two weeks in July, students take courses and explore life at the University of Maryland.
Discovery is open to:
- Current seventh and eighth grade middle school students.
- Intensive learning through high standards and expectations
- Engaging courses and innovative instructors encourage creative problem solving
- Field trip to Washington D.C. to explore our Nation's Capital
- Interactive seminars and collaboration with equally talented peers
- Evening and weekend social activities for residential Discovery Scholars