- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: College Experience, STEM, Study Skills
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
UVA Advance is a competitive, four-week summer residential program for highly-motivated, rising high school juniors and seniors that offers participants an opportunity to take two undergraduate courses and experience college life at the University of Virginia.
Classes: Participants enroll in two undergraduate courses – one core course specially designed for UVA Advance students and one elective course open to all Summer Session students.
Workshops: A series of academic prep workshops prepares participants for the challenges and opportunities that undergraduate students confront. Topics include the college admission process, undergraduate research opportunities, education abroad, skills for academic success, library resources and services, and choosing a major.
Residential & Social Activities: Students reside in a UVA residence hall with residential advisors who lead team-building exercises, on-Grounds recreational events, and excursions to unique sights around Charlottesville.
- Earn six transferable undergraduate credits from UVA.Engage in classes that are small, intensive, and taught by leading UVA faculty.
- Access the support services and facilities available to resident UVA students, including libraries, sports facilities, dining halls, the Student Health Center, and more.
- Prepare for success in higher education.
- Develop friendships with students from around the world.