- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Agriculture, Animals/Nature, Whitewater Rafting, Wildlife Conservation
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Embark in a summer of service projects and untrammeled adventure under the Big Sky of Montana. Dig your hands into the dirt to help farmers and ranchers provide food and sustenance to their communities. VISIONS teens delve into matters of sustainability and conservation and adventure in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.
Welcome to VISIONS of the 2020s. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought grief but has also cast a light on our need for connection as we get through these challenging times with communitarian resilience. Now, we also prepare to fully embrace sustainability efforts and living in harmony with the natural world—and with each other.
Participants and leaders will collaborate with Montana’s farmers and ranchers who work tirelessly to provide food and sustenance to their communities. We will work with these tenacious folks to grow and harvest food, care for livestock, turn compost piles, perhaps build sheds or barns, and also gain an understanding of what it takes to be a tenant of the land in a sustainable way. We will also have time for trail maintenance and forest service projects