- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Guatemala
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
Volunteer in Guatemala and help support both single parents and their children. The center has babies, toddlers and pre-school age children between 3 months and 5 years old. The kids receive pre-kinder lessons, behavior training and recreational time.
Volunteers assist in the classrooms in the orphanage, with the teacher in charge. Volunteers can organize games, sports and introduce other activities like dance, yoga, and arts and crafts.
Due to the lack of adequate number of staff onsite volunteers for this project need to be pro-active, willing to work with limited direction, and come with a can-do, enthusiastic attitude. ABV Coordinators will help with direction and suggestions, but this program needs enthused participants.
Project length: From 1 week to 12 weeks
Project dates: Year Round. Choose any date to arrive.
Arrival airport: Guatemala City (GUA)
Requirements: Proficiency in Spanish or Spanish Immersion lessons
Accommodation: Local Host Family
Meals: 3 per day M-F, 2 meals Saturday, no meals Sunday
A Broader View Volunteer (ABV) allows every traveler to choose their own program start date. This means you can arrive on any flight, any day of the week. Since ABV program fees are 100% tax deductible* we encourage you to fund raise. ABV offers advice and assistance with flight planning, affordable travel insurance, as well as procuring a visa, if necessary. Our ABV staff is available to any your questions.