- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking, Sailing, Hiking
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: Yes
Middle School students gain confidence, explore breathtaking wilderness and make new friends along the way.
Voyageur Outward Bound's middle school courses are designed to create a deep connection with the natural world with age appropriate challenges designed to both challenge and encourage students to test their independence and create deep connection with their peers and the world around them. While these courses are shorter in length than our traditional Outward Bound courses, they carry the educational model of our hallmark courses.
No two Outward Bound expeditions are ever quite the same. Every crew is unique; every route is distinct; and every adventure is dynamic. But one thing remains the same. On each course, students rise to meet exhilarating natural challenges in some of the country’s wildest places – and find strength and determination along the way.
- Build core skills: Learn and practice wilderness, teamwork and leadership skills. Form a crew that supports and encourages one another, and in the thick of challenges, discover there is more in you than you know.
- Practice Outward Bound values: Learn to incorporate Outward Bound values into everyday life by pushing your own limits and seeking challenge as an opportunity for personal growth.
- Demonstrate mastery: As the course nears the end, take on more leadership and decision-making responsibilities. Work together to apply new skills and achieve team goals during this final phase of the expedition.
- What you’ll learn: Return home a stronger, more resilient individual. Discover increased self-confidence, improved leadership, and a desire to make a difference.