- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance, Arts
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Each day students participate in ballet technique classes followed by a pre-pointe, pointe, or boys’ class. Students also receive daily enrichment classes that include variations, stretch, conditioning, jazz, modern, eurythmics and mime. In addition to the rigorous dance schedule, participants are also offered masterclass lectures and workshops from professional guest faculty along with a number of peer relationship-building activities.
Our faculty includes world-renowned dance educators who have enjoyed careers as professional dancers, most of whom are also on our year-round faculty. Professional musicians accompany most classes, which are held in the five spacious studios of our Dance Center. The program culminates in a repertory performance in Walnut Hill’s state-of-the-art Jane Oxford Keiter Performing Arts Center.