- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: China
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Community Service
- Sub-Categories: Internships, International Relief, Work Experience
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
This volunteer program gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of deserving children. Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to explore one of the most modern and exciting cities in China - Shanghai. As a volunteer, you will be stationed at an orphanage that is located in a children’s hospital.
- Assist with daily operations: preparing food, serving meals, cleaning, and arranging activities for the children.
- Assist in teaching the center staff improve their English. As a reputable orphanage in Shanghai, it receives loving overseas parents who would like to adopt Chinese children. If you could help the center staff improve their English skill, we could see a brighter future for the children as there will be a more thorough communication between the center staff and adopting parents.
- 18-55 years old
- Conversational English
- Medical report
- Police check
- Accommodation: shared accommodation/stay with a host family
- Food: 3 meals per day
- Airport-pick up and transfer
- Orientation: Introduction to China, Culture and Customs, Rules and Expectations, Safety, Travel Opportunities, Introduction to Project and Placement, Sightseeing in Shanghai.
- Support: countrywide 24/7 support
- Monthly culture immersion activities: Wanderlust holds various cultural immersion activities on a monthly basis for volunteers to know about quintessential Chinese culture, such as Chinese calligraphy class, Chinese Painting class, Taiji class, Chinese cooking class, short trips to surrounding water towns etc.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Visa application fees
- Personal expenses
- Mandarin language classes
- International Travel insurance