- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: February, April, May, June
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Swimming, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Westchester & Fairfield's Water Safety Instructor course is designed to enhance the instructor candidate's training experience.
During this program, participants will be taught the fundamentals of water safety instruction and how to conduct training sessions. By the end of the course, they will feel much more prepared to lead lessons and evaluate participants' progress. This program will combine in-person sessions with online simulation to help the candidate better prepare for their work. They are also expected to complete work outside of class and continue training. Since this program is designed for advanced swimmers, candidates will be expected to demonstrate competency during a pre-course evaluation.