- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Hiking, Whitewater Rafting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing is the premier adventure camp in the southeast; traveling the Appalachian Mountains and on multiple rivers all over VA & WV. We are a local, family owned company that has a personal touch not offered by larger nationwide programs. Find out more!
However, we have grown to be a year-round Conference, Retreat & Adventure Center which allows us to have a highly trained nucleus of staff that are the best in the industry. This means that we can offer all the great activities such as rock climbing, rappelling, kayaking, caving, canoeing, backpacking, mountain biking like the big companies; but we are more like a big family than a corporation.
WAEL has been running its adventure program since 1990 and has an immaculate safety record. While we do challenging and exciting activities, it is a misconception that these activities are extremely perilous. In actuality, there is no more risk than any school extracurricular activity that students participate in on a regular basis. To speak with one of our staff members or if you would like a reference list of participants who have come to our program, feel free to call 540-864-6792 anytime.